The Chimpanzee Sanctuary & Wildlife Conservation Trust (Chimpanzee Trust) is a Wildlife Conservation NGO whose mission is to: Promote chimpanzee conservation and environmental management for sustainable development. Chimpanzee Trust seeks to recruit suitably qualified, experienced and competent professional to fill the position of a Boat Captain.
Position: BOAT CAPTAIN
The Boat captain is responsible for the speedboat(s) of the Trust and is also responsible for the safe transportation of the passengers and cargo on board. He ensures that all procedures, protocols and safety regulations are strictly followed.
- Maintains the master log, a daily summary of events.
- Maintains a professional approach and demeanor at all times when on duty.
- Take full responsibility of the speedboat(s) of the Trust, ensuring that the boat(s) are in good and safe working condition and properly parked and secured when not in use.
- Requisition, track and account for fuels, oils, lubricants or any other consumables necessary for the normal operations of the speedboat(s) of the Trust.
- Report at duty station for any other assignments as may be required of him within the denoted working hours, if no boat operations are scheduled.
Key Qualifications, Competencies and Skills
- Have a certificate of powerboat operations from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 years working experience with practical knowledge and skills in power-boating and boat engine maintenance.
- Possession of a valid driving permit for motor vehicles will be an added advantage.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your hand written application, copies of your qualifications, addresses of two referees and your telephone contact physically to: The recruitment Committee, Chimpanzee Trust, Plot 1 Bank Close, Entebbe, P.O. Box 884 Entebbe
The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 25th January at 5:00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted