In 2007, Chimpanzee Trust field project commenced to support communities living alongside wild chimpanzees on private land as neighbors, so as to benefit from their proximity and value their existence. We now have implemented field projects in Hoima, Kibale, Masindi and Buliisa districts of the Albertine Rift in Western Uganda.
Objectives of this program
- Enhance conservation education
- Undertake forest conservation and restoration activities
- Facilitate community development approaches
- Conduct relevant research activities
- Initiate and strengthen partnerships for conservation
Field conservation for the Chimpanzee Trust involves the following;