Tour Cancellation Policy
Terms & conditions – The contract
- The client who signifies his acceptance of a booking does so on behalf of himself and persons under his authority which means that all are bound by the booking conditions as if they had individually made the application themselves. All bookings are made with CSWCT (hereinafter referred to as “the company”) and no person has any authority on its behalf to vary any of the terms and conditions which are applicable.
- A nonrefundable deposit of 20% for each person is required when booking. This booking fee is accepted as part of the inclusive fare and will only be refunded if the application cannot be accommodated.
- The full amount due by the client to the company shall be payable not less than six weeks prior to the date of departure. If the full amount is not paid in due time the company reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled. Bookings made within six weeks of the departure date must be paid in full immediately.
- If a booking is cancelled with the consent of the company, the latter shall retain the full deposit. If the booking is cancelled less than forty-two (42) days before departure, the company shall retain the full deposit and a cancellation fee will be payable of 40%of all the sanctuary arrangements. If the booking is cancelled less than thirty (30) days prior to departure a cancellation charge 65% of the Sanctuary arrangements will be retained by CSWCT.
- Should a client fail to join a tour, or fail to use the accommodation/services booked by the company on their behalf, for any reason whatsoever, no refund or liability will be accepted if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable or the client is unable to use that service. Neither the company nor any person acting through or on behalf of the company shall be liable for any loss or damage arising from any cause whatsoever without restricting the generality of the above shall particularly not be responsible for loss or damage arising from any errors or omissions contained in its brochure or other literature, late or non- confirmation of acceptance of bookings, loss or damage caused by delays, sickness, injury or death, whether occasioned by negligence or not . in addition the company shall have the right to cancel any tour or remainder thereof or make any alteration in route, accommodation, price or other details and in the event of any tour being rendered impossible, illegal or inadvisable by weather, avalanches, strikes, war, government interference or any other causes whatsoever the extra expenses involved as a result thereof shall be entitled to cancel any tour or product sold prior to departure and in such case we shall be obligated to refund all amounts received by us to that time by passenger, who shall have no further claim of whatsoever nature against the company arising out of such cancellation
- Cancellation, medical and repatriation insurance is compulsory for all CSWCT Tours bookings, and it is the client’s responsibility to arrange cancellation insurance. It is strongly recommended that clients also take out personal and baggage insurance. It is suggested that the insurance is taken out on booking to cover for cancellation from that time.
- The client acknowledges that the tour price and itinerary disclosed to him/her at the time of booking or alternatively at the time that the contract was concluded, may be varied by the company from time to time, without notice to the client, at the discretion of the company and provided the itinerary is not substantially different from the itinerary that the client anticipated enjoying the client shall not be entitled to cancel the contract.
- Whilst the company makes every effort to adhere to schedules it should be borne in mind that the company reserves the right and, in fact, is obligated occasionally to change routes and camps on safaris as dictated by changing conditions.
- CSWCT Tours will endeavor to assist the client in regard to point 9, such assistance will however be at the complaint’s discretion. The client acknowledges that in doing so, the company is not assuming any obligation or liability and that nevertheless the responsibility to ensure that the aforesaid documents are in order and complies with such lawful and other requirements to enable the client to enjoy the benefits of the tour, remains the clients.
- It is recorded that the contract may contemplate a tour/ journey to an area(s) where the client may be exposed to danger and the client has agreed to execute a waiver of rights against the company and others as an integral part of the contract. The client (which shall be deemed to include the heirs, executors, administrators or assigns of the client) does hereby irrevocably waive and abandon all and whatsoever rights which the client may be sustained directly or indirectly by the client in consequences of any act of omission or commission by the company or other in consequence of the conclusion of the contract and the client undertaking the tour/ journey contemplated in the contract. In no way derogating from the foregoing, the client does here by indemnify, hold harmless and absolve the company or other from all and whatsoever claims which may be tenable by the client as foresaid, irrespective of the nature thereof and howsoever arising. These terms constitute the entire terms of the relationship between the parties. There exist no other terms and conditions regulating their relationship. No amendment cancellation or waiver of any term or right referred to herein shall be valid or binding unless reduced to writing and signed by both parties. The client acknowledges that save and except for what has been stated herein, there exist no warranties, representations, guarantees, promises, undertaking or inducements of any nature whatsoever. Any matter or things said by any person on behalf of the company or purportedly on behalf of the company, irrespective as to the position such person occupies and which is not stated herein shall not be binding on the company irrespective as to the nature and the extent of any such things and the client acknowledges that he/she has not relied on any matter or things stated on behalf of the company that is not included herein.
- The client acknowledges that whilst as much care is taken as possible it is his own personal responsibility to take care of his personal possessions at all times and have travel insurance where appropriate. The company will not be reliable for any losses or damages that may occur whilst on safari.
- The company reserves the right to increase the tour fares due to any increase in airline tariffs, fuel costs, game reserve fees or fluctuation of exchange rates.
- Complaints – any complaints as regard the tour must be made in writing within 21 days of the finish date of the tour.