REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROVISION OF GOODS AND SERVICES
TO ALL POTENTIAL BIDDERS
Chimpanzee Sanctuary & Wildlife Conservation Trust (hereafter referred to as Chimpanzee Trust) wishes to Invite interested bidders/parties or individuals for expression of interest to supply goods and services in the financial year 2024 – 2028.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work is summarized as follows: –
The provision of goods and services shall be conducted in accordance with Chimpanzee Trust procurement policies and procedures.
Below are the services to be provided:
CATEGORIES A – SUPPLIES
- General stationeries and office supplies
- Petroleum products and gas
- Computers, laptops, photocopiers, printers, and accessories
- Supply and maintenance of generators, solar equipment, electrical equipment, and accessories
- Supply of hardware materials, tools, and equipment
- General groceries, merchandise, and crafts
- Fresh food supplies
- Drugs, laboratory reagents, chemicals, test kits, medical sundries
- Chimp enrichment (hay grass, honey, etc)
CATEGORY B – SERVICES
- Insurance Brokerage services
- Customs clearing and forwarding
- Repairs and maintenance of motor vehicles, motorcycles, and boat engines and vessels.
- Advertising and media
- Travel and air ticketing
- IT services (support services) including repair and maintenance of computers, copiers, printers, system administration, etc.
- Uniforms and protective gear; field gear camping equipment and tools
- Graphic designing and printing
- Fleet management services
- Consultancy services
- Internal Auditing services (bookkeeping and other accounting services)
- Architectural and engineering services
- Periodic maintenance and repair of solar equipment
- Boat transport for passengers & cargo (open up to both speedboats and canoes)
CATEGORY C – WORKS
- Periodic maintenance and repair of infrastructures (permanent buildings, housing structures) including plumbing, masonry, carpentry, and metalwork services among others.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
2.1 ELIGIBILITY OF SUPPLIERS
You are required to meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate in the procurement process:
- Have the legal capacity to enter into a contract;
- Not be insolvent, in receivership, bankrupt or being wound up or subject to legal proceedings for any of these circumstances;
- Not have had your business activities suspended;
- Have fulfilled your obligations to pay taxes and social security contributions;
- Not to have a conflict of interest in relation to this procurement requirement
- Not to be subject to suspension by the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority.
2.2 COST OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
- All suppliers shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of their respective necessary documents, and Chimpanzee Trust will in no case be liable for the costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of this process.
- Chimpanzee Trust is under no obligation to return any of the EOI documents to applicants, regardless of the outcome of the prequalification process.
2.3 CORRESPONDENCE AND INQUIRIES
- Correspondence by bidders to Chimpanzee Trust shall be submitted to the authorized Chimpanzee Trust representative (Secretary, Procurement Committee) identified on the cover page of this document. All correspondence to Chimpanzee Trust shall be in writing, on official letterhead of the bidding company signed by the Company representative identified in the Vendor Information Form (Appendix A). Submission of correspondences shall be delivered to the same address or by courier or registered mail. Correspondences by fax and e-mail shall be regarded as advance information, which should be followed by the original copy.
- Correspondence by Chimpanzee Trust to bidders shall be either through the press or in writing on the official letterhead of Chimpanzee Trust signed by the Chimpanzee Trust representative (Executive Director) or emailed from the designated staff. Such correspondence shall be either delivered at the bidder’s premises or sent by email using the number/address stated in the Vendor Information Form (Appendix A) or sent to the bidder’s e-mail address stated in the Vendor Information Form (Appendix A2) or posted to bidder’s address stated in the Vendor Information Form (Appendix A2).
- Any inquiries from bidders concerning this bid document shall be submitted in writing to the authorized Chimpanzee Trust representative identified on the cover page of this bid document in accordance with (1) above of this section.
2.4 VALIDITY OF EOI
It is mandatory that the bids remain valid for a period of 90 calendar days after the date of bid opening as set out in Section 3.1 (Schedule of Events). However, Chimpanzee Trust may request bidders to extend the validity of the bid. The requests and responses thereto shall be made according to Section 2.4 of this document.
2.5. EOI OPENING
1. Opening of the received EOI documents shall be carried out at Chimpanzee Trust offices, in Entebbe, at 3.00 pm on the 29th of September 2023.
2. Each firm, which shall have submitted its Expression Of Interest (EOI), is free to attend the bid opening.
3. Attendance of the applicants at the EOI document opening is optional and does not give any applicant an advantage over another.
3 APPLICANTS INSTRUCTIONS AND SUBMISSION
3.1 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
It is proposed that the flow of events in handling this tender shall be as outlined below:
1. Placing the public advert inviting EOI in the press and on the website
2. Opening of documents after the expiry of submission time.
4. Evaluation of the EOI documents
5. Publication of Supplier list, on the Notice Board.
6. Allowance of 5 working days in case of any appeal from the unsuccessful suppliers
Chimpanzee Trust reserves the right to alter this Schedule of Events without prior notice. Any alterations will be communicated to the bidders through a medium chosen by Chimpanzee Trust.
It is mandatory that all bids and accompanying documentation are written in the English language.
3.3 CURRENCY AND PAYMENT
1. It is mandatory that the unit of currency of the costs indicated in the EOI documents is the Uganda Shillings.
3. 4 PRICES
Interested applicants shall meet their cost of printing the EOI document for the services they want to apply for and submit the filled-in EOI document to the address below: The Procurement Committee Chimpanzee Trust Plot 1 Bank Close Entebbe as stated in the advertisement on the website.
3.4 SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION
Additional information that is deemed to be important by the applicant, but is not specified in the specifications and price schedule should be submitted as an attachment to the Price Schedule.
3.6 CLOSING DATE
1. All copies of EOI must be received by Chimpanzee Trust not later than the closing date shown in the advert on the website.
2. Requests for extensions of the closing date or time will not be granted.
3.7 DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. All prospective applicants must accurately fill in all the information required in the Vendor Information Form (Appendix A2). Prospective applicants responding to this EOI Document must submit the filled form as part of their application.
2 All prospective applicants must provide and attach price quotations for the services and goods to be supplied.
3. All prospective applicants must provide and attach the following:
(a) Registration certificates
(b) Tax clearance certificates(Chimpanzee Trust TIN: 1000691587)
(c) VAT certificate
(d) A brief profile of their business (For Health insurance we shall require a full profile of the service provider).
3.8 EOI SUBMISSION
- Applicants shall submit one (1) set of EOI documents sealed in an envelope.
- The EOI document(s) should be initiated on each page with the applicant’s representative authorized to contractually bind the applicant. This requirement does not apply to pages not prepared by the applicant, such as provisional literature and instructions from Chimpanzee Trust and other statutory documents that may be required to submit along with your EOI.
- EOI, including all attachments, should be bound in a booklet.
- EOI shall contain no interlinear insertions, erasures, or overwriting except as necessary to correct errors made by the bidder, in which case such corrections shall be initiated by the applicant’s representative.
- Applications must be addressed to the Chairperson, Procurement Committee Chimpanzee Trust.
- Applications must be delivered by hand to the Secretary, Procurement Committee Chimpanzee Trust.
- Applications sent by e-mail or fax shall not be considered for evaluation.
3.9. DELIVERY PERIOD
The delivery period stated in calendar days or months must be indicated in the space provided in the appendices. If stated in weeks, the days shall be computed based on seven days a week. If stated in months the days shall be computed based on 30 days a month. “Immediate” shall be taken to mean not later than two days from receipt of the official notification.
3.10 EOI DOCUMENTS EVALUATION
- All EOI shall be evaluated by Procurement Committee constituted by Chimpanzee Trust. The Procurement Committee shall evaluate the documents received by applying the Chimpanzee Trust bids Evaluation Criteria.
- Chimpanzee Trust reserves the right to request any applicant for any Clarifications after the submission of their application.
- Chimpanzee Trust reserves the right to choose or not to choose the best applicant.
- Chimpanzee Trust reserves the right to waive minor deviations in the EOI document provided such action is in the best interest of Chimpanzee Trust. Minor deviations are those that have no adverse effect on Chimpanzee Trust’s interest and would not affect the evaluation process by giving an applicant an advantage or benefit not enjoyed by other bidders.
- If Chimpanzee Trust receives no EOI documents that are fully responsive to the mandatory requirements for the supply of any goods or services Chimpanzee Trust reserves the right to negotiate with any applicant starting with the most responsive to the mandatory requirements.
- Chimpanzee Trust is under no obligation to provide the applicant with the documents used in the evaluation process.
- Chimpanzee Trust shall communicate to the successful applicants about his/her objections, if any but is not bound to explain or justify its course of action.
4.0 REJECTION OF BIDS
- Chimpanzee Trust reserves the right to reject any applications received by reason of this EOI Document.
- Chimpanzee Trust reserves the right to reject any bid for failure to give complete and accurate information required in the Vendor Information Form (Appendices A1).
- Chimpanzee Trust reserves the right to reject any bid that does not comply with the requirements of this Bid Document.
DOWNLOAD APPLICANTS’ INFORMATION (fill, sign, and stamp): Here