- Procurement No: Chimpanzee Trust/ADM/WRKS/2020/0002
- Procurement Description: CONSTRUCTION WORKS FOR PLOT 17A KAMPALA ROAD ENTEBBE MUNICIPAL COUNCIL, WAKISO DISTRICT.
- Chimpanzee Trust (The Trust) has allocated funds to be used for the procurement of Works in respect of construction of a storied commercial building at plot 17A Kampala road Entebbe Municipal Council. The construction shall be done in phases as indicated in the bid BOQs issued.
- The Trust invites sealed bids from eligible bidders to undertake the above works.
- Bidding shall be conducted in accordance with the open domestic bidding method contained in the Public Procurement and Disposal Manual of Chimpanzee Trust, and is open to all bidders.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents in English using the links below.
- Bids must be hand delivered to the address indicated below by 03.08.2020 at 01:00 pm
- All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 2% of the bid value, and must be valid for 12 months from the date of expiry of this bid notice. The security should be in form of a Bankers’ cheque or Insurance Bond. Late bids shall be rejected.
- Bids shall be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address indicated below on 03.08.2020 at 02;00 pm in the Chimpanzee Trust board room.
Please note the following:
- You can do a pre – site visit at your cost and arrangement through the main office by calling Mob No. 0755 221 877
- Sealed Bids to be addressed to: The Chairperson Procurement Committee; Chimpanzee Trust; P. O. Box 884, Entebbe,
- Bids should be delivered to the Chimpanzee Trust offices on Plot 1, Bank Close, Entebbe Municipal Council”.
- Bid opening shall take place at the Head office of Chimpanzee Trust, at Plot 1, Bank Close, Entebbe Municipal Council, on 03.08.2020 at 02:00pm.
View and Download Bid documents
The planned procurement schedule (subject to changes as may be notified) is as follows:
- Publish bid notice: 20th July 2020
- Pre-bid site inspection (optional) : 20th – 02nd August 2020
- Bid closing date: 03rd August 2020 at 1:00 PM
- Bid Opening: 03rd August 2020 at 02:00 PM.
- Completion of Evaluation: 7th August 2020
- Display of best evaluated Bidder: 13th August 2020
- Approval of award of contract: 13th August 2020
- Contract signing: 21st August 2020
Bidders must be accompanied by the requirements below, and submit proof thereof as necessary:
- Incorporation / Registration certificate
- Brief Company profile, expressly showing the owners and key managers
- A Valid Trading licence from the relevant local authorities
- Valid membership / Registration with the Engineers Registrations Board (ERB) and Uganda National Association of Building and Civil Engineering Contractors (UNABCEC)
- Valid practicing licence from ERB and UNABCEC
- VAT and Income tax registration – Attach tax clearance certificate.
- Significant experience with similar projects
- No errors shall be corrected after bids are opened. Ensure your bids are free of errors.
- 9) A bid security of 2% of the bid value, in form of a bankers’ cheque or insurance bond.