The Chimpanzee Sanctuary & Wildlife Conservation Trust (Chimpanzee Trust) is a Wildlife
Conservation NGO established in 1998, whose mission is to “Sustainably conserve chimpanzees in
their natural habitats and provide optimum captive care to those that cannot survive in the wild.
Chimpanzee Trust seeks to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, and competent professional to fill
the position below.
POSITION: FINANCE MANAGER
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance Management and Accounting, B. Commerce or
Business administration from a recognized university or an ACCA/CPA Graduate.
- A Masters Degree in a related field will be an added advantage. • At least 5 years of working experience with practical knowledge and skills in both financial
management and administration, preferably in an NGO environment.
- MUST be conversant with multiple donor accountability
- Must be familiar with accounting software, especially SAGE Pastel Partner
The Finance Manager (FM) is part of the management team and is responsible for undertaking the
day-to-day management and administration of the Chimpanzee Trust’s financial affairs. The FM will
work to ensure that the Trust maintains a high standard of financial integrity and accountability
with strict compliance with all required legislative and statutory obligations.
THE ROLE OF THE FINANCE MANAGER
- The Finance Manager shall perform the following specific duties and responsibilities:
Provide a technical support function to the other departments in finance and accounting
matters. She/he is expected to work as a team member to provide effective and efficient
support to Chimpanzee Trust other Departments and programs;
- Ensure that Chimpanzee Trust Financial and other Policies as well as donor regulations are
- Periodic review, documentation, and implementation of appropriate revenue and expenditure
management policies, accounting, and control procedures in relation to the Finance and
Accounting Regulations and Procedures Manual;
- Ensuring revenue from various financiers and donors is properly recorded and accounted for
in accordance with funding agreements;
- Ensuring timely production of periodical management reports showing budget versus actual
and analysis by various cost centers;
- Ensuring that donor reports are prepared and submitted accurately and promptly in
accordance with funding agreements;
- Periodic review and enhancement of the organization’s appropriate chart of accounts.
- Ensuring maintenance of a clear audit trail of all revenue and payments data processed in the
- Generate, review, and submit periodic financial reports promptly to various users;
- Supervision of Finance Team.
- Build and maintain the capacity of the non-Finance Team/professionals in the other
departments in financial literacy and management.
- Lead the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Conduct budget monitoring and tracking, and raise red flags for overruns and persistent
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of monthly, bi-annual, and annual returns and all other
required statutory remittances.
- Advise the Executive Director and the management team on financial propriety, prudence,
- Account for the movement and use of the assets of the Chimpanzee Trust, and ensure prompt
update of the assets register.
- Other relevant tasks to be assigned by the Executive Director.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- The appropriate candidate must have proficient knowledge in the following areas: computerized
accounting programs (with hands-on experience using the SAGE Pastel Partner accounting software); Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); International Accounting Standards (IAS); preparation of financial statements and preparation & designing of appropriate financial management reports, payroll systems, and reporting; Statutory reporting mechanisms including EFRIS; articulate report writing; ability to deliver with minimal supervision; be a team worker, and ability to manage others.
- Possess a valid driving permit shall be an added advantage.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your handwritten application, copies of your
academic testimonials, CV, names and addresses of two referees, and telephone contact physically
The Recruitment Committee, Chimpanzee Trust, Plot 1 Bank Close, Entebbe, P.O. Box 884
Entebbe or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is 28th July 2023.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.