The Chimpanzee Sanctuary & Wildlife Conservation Trust (Chimpanzee Trust) is a Wildlife
Conservation NGO established in 1998, whose mission is to “Sustainably conserve chimpanzees
in their natural habitats and provide optimum captive care to those that cannot survive in the
Chimpanzee Trust seeks to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, and competent professional
to fill the position below.
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance Management and Accounting, B. Commerce
or Business Administration from a recognized university or ACCA/CPA level IV.At least 3 years of working experience preferably in an NGO setting.
To be responsible for financial transactions and budgeting of Chimpanzee Trust’s activities and
operations and provide professional support in the management of financial resources,
monitoring and utilization of funds and ensuring that all expenditures are in line with Trust’s
financial policies and procedures. Interpreting the prevailing financial position of the Trust and
work with the Finance Manager to implement measures instituted to improve the financial
ROLE OF THE FINANCE OFFICER
- Collect background data from heads of departments for developing and formulating
strategic plans and budgets for Chimpanzee Trust, outlining projected revenue sources
and expenditure and measures to be taken to control costs.
- Prepare consolidated Chimpanzee Trust’s strategic and budget documents for the Finance
Manager (FM) for review and submission to the ED to follow the approval process, by the
Finance Committee and the full Board.
- Act as the Chimpanzee Trust’s budget controller. Inform management of budget status,
and raise a red flag for budget over and under runs.
- Implementing developed effective financial management systems and procedures aimed
at improving reporting and accounting in accordance with Chimpanzee Trust’s financial
policies and procedures.
- Monitoring, controlling, and reconciling main subsidiary ledgers including suppliers and
- Processing financial payment transactions authorized by the Executive Director.
Page 2 of 2
- Ensuring effective accountability for all revenue collected and spent.
- Prepare donor financial management reports for submission to the respective donors after
review and approval by the FM and ED
- Participating in contract negotiation with suppliers and contractors to ensure all
contractual obligations are fulfilled and cost-effective.
- Prepare all tax returns for review by FM before uploading them on the URA Portal.
- Prepare NSSF returns for review by FM before uploading onto the NSSF portal
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports for management, and drafting Statutory
Financial Statements for audit by external auditors.
- In consultation with the FM, work with the external auditors and internal auditor to
conduct the external audit and internal audits as scheduled.
- Post and update receipts and payments transactions in PASTEL Financial Management
- Prepare monthly Bank reconciliation for review by FM before forwarding to the ED for
- Post and update adjustment journals in the system
- Participate in Quarterly stock-taking at due workstations
- Prepare the Ticket reconciliation, Weekly banking summary, weekly revenue and
expenditure snapshot for review by FM and approval by the ED.
- Prepared payment vouchers, LPOs, and accountability reports by staff for review by the
FM and approval by the ED.
- Pay creditors and follow up on debtors.
- Prepare weekly budgets as required.
- Work with respective departmental heads as guided by FM to resolve arising audit issues
from both internal and external auditors.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- The applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas: computerized
accounting programs (preferably SAGE Pastel), generally accepted accounting principles,
IAS and IFRS, preparation of statutory financial statements, and management of financial
reports, payroll systems, and general reporting.
- Possession of a valid driving permit shall be an added advantage.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your handwritten application, copies of your
academic testimonials, CV, names, and addresses of two referees, and telephone contact
The Recruitment Committee, Chimpanzee Trust, Plot 1 Bank Close, Entebbe, P.O. Box 884
Entebbe or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is 28th July 2023.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.