The Chimpanzee Sanctuary & Wildlife Conservation Trust (Chimpanzee Trust) is a Wildlife Conservation NGO whose mission is to promote Chimpanzee Conservation and Environmental Management for sustainable development. Chimpanzee Trust seeks to recruit very dynamic self – driven professional, suitably qualified, experienced and competent professionals to fill the position below.
Position: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Key Basic Functions: The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for establishing and executing major goals and objectives for the Chimpanzee & Wildlife Conservation Trust. The ED implements policies established by the Board of Trustees provides leadership, direction and evaluation of the organization’s activities, and directs the day-to-day operations. The ED is responsible for CSWCT’s financial management, all sanctuary and field conservation programs, public relations and personnel management and serves as a liaison with other organizations. S/he represents the organization to regulatory bodies, other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders, supporters and the general public. The duties may be delegated to appropriate members of the staff, but the Executive Director will retain accountability for their accomplishment. The key job functions include
- Spearheading the Planning, Policy Formation and continuous development of the organization to achieve sustainability & viability of the Trust as well as ensuring that key performance indicators are consistently met in accordance with the business and operational objectives of the Chimpanzee Trust
- Responsible for the mobilization of resources required for the implementation of the Chimpanzee Trust strategic plans
- Provide leadership in maintaining the efficiency, effectiveness and good governance of the Trust, ensuring adequate operational, financial and administrative functions of the Trust.
- Responsible for the proper functioning of the Board of Trustees
- Responsible for maintaining the visibility of the Trust and representing the organization to regulatory bodies, other agencies, community and civic organizations, donors, funders, supporters and the general public
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Master’s Degree in either Natural Resource / Wildlife Management; or Business Administration; or Tourism; or Marketing; or Law; or any other Course closely related to any of the above disciplines from a recognized University/Institution. A qualification in project management would be an added advantage.
Personal Specifications & Experience: Mission directed, Dynamic, Visionary, Proactive with a good sense of judgment/discernment. At least five years’ experience preferably with an NGO at senior management level and in wildlife management and /or natural resources management. Candidates should be able to demonstrate Good track record in turning around organization image and performance into a competitive and vibrant institution able to command the respect of stakeholders through innovation, change management and systems building
Desired Skills & competencies: project development and management, Administrative, Strategic planning, Negotiation, lobbying, Interpersonal, fundraising/proposal writing (with evidence of having successfully fundraised for at least 2 programs/projects) as well as Leadership and team-building skills.
Interested candidates should submit the application, copies of your academic testimonials, CV, names and addresses of two referees, telephone contact online to:
The Chair, Board of Trustees, Chimpanzee Trust, Plot 1 Bank Close, Entebbe, P.O. Box 884 Entebbe., using the following e-mail addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
The Closing date for receiving applications is 3 weeks from the date of this advert.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oketa Denis kapono saysAugust 4, 2019 at 7:38 am
Interested in working ambassador for the conservation